Thursday, July 7, 2011

Salvaged Title = Death.

Great news! We found a new car that we love! And when I say new car, naturally I mean a "new used car," but we love it nonetheless. Turns out my cute old junker isn't worth much more than a dime, so some peeps are coming to haul it off for us tomorrow. I'm a little sad about it. I'd really like to be able to say "now take good care of it for me..." or I hope you enjoy it as much as I did" in good faith that they will, but that would be lies considering it'll be on it's way to the salvage yard to be ripped apart for scrap metal and used parts. Tear.

Has anyone else been excited enough about a new car that within the first few hours of owning it you've been found washing it, vacuuming and detailing the interior, or just sitting in it with the music up loud, AC blowing cold, basking in all of it's greatness just because you can? Pretty sure I was..., which is slightly embarassing, especially after the husband came looking for me wondering what the heck I had been doing for hours parked in the garage,...but then I remind myself that 2 weeks ago I was driving to work with my high beams on (insert angry drivers, and headlights and fingers being flashed my way...., here) because my headlights would occasionally decide not to work or the fact that I haven't enjoyed AC in my vehicle for over 2 summers now, or that my new car actually has a lumbar support! What a concept! Or the best yet, that my old car was named as a fire hazard because of the seriously compromised fuse box and open electrical wiring. (Don't worry, that was the last day I drove that car...) And then I feel a titch less lame and entirely grateful to be able to have a "new used car"....

Although almost anything would be considered an upgrade from my past vehicle, this newish vehicle is loved and very much appreciated! :)

Disclaimer: The safety and reliability of purchasing a vehicle with a Salvaged or Branded Title cannot be guaranteed. Period. Don't do it people....no matter how much you love it or how great of a deal it appears you will be getting.

In case you were wondering, my cute little blue car, which looked and drove perfectly when we bought it about 4 years ago had a salvaged title.

It is safe to say our "new used car" most definetly has a clean title. Will we be purchasing clean titles from here on out until we die?....You betcha! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment