Friday, September 2, 2011

Sweet Summertime...

I have loved this summer...I can't believe it is coming to an end, but I love fall and am looking forward to the leaves changing.  We have been so busy.  The first week of August, Jarom and I drove to Indio California for our family vacation with the Brown family. We had so much fun on our little road trip, just the two of us. We are loving our new car. It was literally 110 degrees in Indio, but it was a lot of fun. They had some awesome pools and lazy rivers that we spent most of our time in, and we got to spend so much time with our nieces and nephews :)  

Jayden was ordained an Elder last week. He's working on getting his mission papers in. I'm so proud of him, he's the best kid brother...He got his wisdom teeth out today.  That kid is hillarious.

Also this summer we've survived 3 crazy rain storms which have mildly flooded the basement. We hiked Mount Timpanogos for the first time, had several BBQ's and fire pits in the backyard, we survived speaking in church, hit up the Alpine Slide in Park City, been to a few Bee's Baseball games, and we signed up for an adult recreation soccer team lol. Go us! We are so excited!  Our first game is tomorrow...stay tuned!  The other day I said to Jarom that we need to get in shape, and he told me "I am in shape,....round is a shape" :) ha ha. I love him.  We're planning a camping trip this weekend, just the two of us.  :)    I can't wait.  I'll post some pictures...

Jarom finished up the second block of his summer semester, and just started his fall classes! 22 credits this semester!  His courses are through UVU but are online, which we are excited about since we are still up in Murray and we can cut back on the commute.  We're hoping he can get his Multi-engine flying certificate this year too.  He needs it before he graduates but it is sooo expensive! We've been comparing the pricing of different flight schools.  Even with his full plate this semester Jar has insisted on finding a part time job.  He has a job interview friday out at the airport...fingers are crossed.  I'm so proud of him...
 
We made our first impulse buy this past week. A few years ago, Jar's dirt bike was stolen out of the back of his truck in Cedar City, and we've been wanting one ever since. We love to go riding...and the other day we came across this 70 cc dirt bike while on our way to a baseball game and we couldn't help ourselves. I'm trying to work on my spontaneity, it's exhausting trying to be such a planner all the time...it needs a little tlc, but we got a killer deal on it.

Jarom and I have been so blessed.  We've been able to spend so much time together and have really been able to focus on our marriage and enjoy this stage of our lives.  We stay busy, but our schedules have been flexible enough that we are always able to make time for each other.  I've realized Jarom and I will never be able to get this time back and that our lives could change durastically over the next few years.  It is so easy to get caught up in the excitement of the future, but I don't want to look back and remember these times as missed moments or opportunities.  Life is too short...so we continue to play hard.  I was surprised when we got married how many people advised us to just enjoy being married for a while, play hard, and continue to get to know each other better.  I think it's been some great advice...  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment