Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We're a bunch of Sickies at our house...

June was such a busy month for us. Jarom and I had a family reunion up Logan Canyon which made for our first camping trip of the year. We had a great time. We celebrated the baby blessing of one of our nephews and went to the zoo with Jarom's family, which we had been wanting to do for awhile now. Jarom finished up his crazy first half of summer semester, and began his second half of summer semester without as much as a weekend for a break. My cute little blue car finally decided to call it quits. Even with all the trouble it's given me lately, I'm so sad to see it go. I loved that car. My cute Mom won us some free tickets to the Wendover Air Show, which we couldn't pass up. It was an incredibly warm day, but Jarom and I both loved it and we had a fun little road trip :)

Since then, we've been searching for a new car, and trying to get over this sickness the husband and I managed to get. We didn't have much of a 4th of July. The both of us have been laid up on the couch or in bed for most of the weekend trying to take care of each other. We did manage to play a few games and watch some fireworks with our family, so we weren't entirely lame, and we had a BBQ and hung out with some friends prior to us being sick. As for now, I'm pretty sure our apartment is infested with a significant amount of germs. I haven't been able to convince myself to get up and get things cleaned up, but for now I'm over it, considering I can't even walk up the stairs without wearing myself out entirely, so instead we've resorted to having a Pirates of the Carribean movie marathon while eating chocolate creamies. I've decided I'm not very good at being sick and would make a terrible patient....poor Jarom. I think he's probably growing tired of my inability to decided if I'm cold or hot and my nasty cough that has been keeping him up all night.

Assuming this sickness will eventually go away (after letting it run it's course, and having taken a whole bottle of Vitamin C tablets), we're hoping tomorrow will be the last day I'll have to worry about sharing the truck with the husband, which is a stick shift mind you...

Here's to hoping for a better week than the week has been so far....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment