Saturday, March 17, 2012

I hate when people take advantage...

One of my current annoyances is that people have been hiring more and more people part time, with no benefits, no time off,  no nothing, but require them to work just shy of, if not actual full time hours, just because they can and they know people are hurting for work. Jarom loves his job working out at the airport, but lately he's been asked to take on the role of a supervisor, (of course with no raise or added bonus to him, just the fall out and responsibility should something go wrong) extra shifts, double shifts...in addition to already working every weekend. It's getting ridiculous. I know I speak for us both when I say I can't wait for Jarom to be done with school! Jarom and I have saved up for a vacation, and we can't even scrounge up a day or two let alone a week to getaway because of his inability to get time off and his wierd work schedule.  Alright, no more complaining fom me, my husband is just a busy man, but I'm so proud of him.

Jarom's been great about making time to sneak in a few date nights.  Last week Jarom and I went to a Jazz game, which was really fun. We even won that one! Later that week we played some miniature croquet at the Beach Resort in Provo, had dinner at Shoots, and went hot tubbing with some of our good friends, Welcker and Mare.  This week we flew some of our 3-D airplane kites (thanks Costco), worked on Jarom's bike, and hit up our favorite Texas Roadhouse.  I'm so glad it's finally warming up! I can't wait to go for a ride on Jarom's motorcycle.

Because Jarom has been so busy, I've been trying to stay busy myself so I can let him get his homework done, and avoid going stir crazy myself. This past month I've been working on a professional development award through work, and was able to do some educating and teaching for our yearly RN and CNA skills labs. Also, Timpanogos just opened a brand new, state of the art level III NICU, which is amazing.  They have been extremely busy, so aside from working in pediatrics, I've been able to do some crosstraining and have floated and picked up a few extra shifts working down there. I love feeding, cuddling and caring for the precious premie babies.  I really do have the best job ever! I have been given so many opportunities at Timp, which has allowed me to work in so many different capacities.  I can't help but smile when people ask what area of nursing I work in, because I've done a little bit of almost everything.

This week Jarom and I were able to watch our cute little nephew Bridger. It was so fun to have a little person to hang out with while Jarom was at class.  Bridger is growing up so fast, and did so great hanging out with us.  We don't get to see him or Jarom's family very much, so I'm glad he took right to us and wasn't shy.  Right now at work, there are like 10+ nurses who are expecting.  It has become a joke that there must be something in the water, or that it must be contagious. I hope I catch it soon...! ;-)



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't believe how good he did with you guys!! He loved it. :) You really don't even know how relieved and happy it makes me feel to know that he has fun and is safe over there...I must say that I was able to read your little *tiny* words, and I hope you do too! You guys will be such amazing parents! :) Plus, I have to admit that it's fun having a little buddy to hang out with all day. ;) lol. We need to get together. soon.

    ReplyDelete