Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fell in love all over again today...

Today I fell in love for the second time With the website www.mint.com. If you have never heard or it, you should seriously check it out. It's changed my life in just one night. It's a site that allows you to view all of your checking accounts, credit cards, savings accounts, property, car loans, student loans, investment accounts, and anything else you can think of, all in one place as a read only file. Although it's a read only snapshot of your finances, I love being able to look at everything from one screen. And its not because our finances look fantastic, because if you know us at all you know we have massive amounts of student loan debt, but looking at it, and facing the truth head on and doing something about it feels so much better than hiding behind it hoping it will go away or will be dealt with later...which I am also guilty of doing.
The site also offers financial advice, allows you to set a budget, reminds you of upcoming payments, and so much more. I spent hours today going over our finances. For fun! I'm such a nut, my poor husband has had to listen to this all day long....but it feels so good to set and reach goals.

About a year ago I wrote a post about Suze Orman's book "The Money Class" I've referenced it a lot the past year and finally got some retirement accounts going for Jarom and I. Although I consider myself conservative, I love spending money. But what Suze says is true...the pleasure of saving CAN be equal to the pleasure of spending. It took some convincing, but it's true...it is possible to live below your means no matter how much you make. It's all about how you choose to spend your money.

So, thank you Suze Orman...cheers to that  :)

And now I must get to bed because I have to be up for work in 4 1/2 hours.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment