Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Park City

For our most recent date night, Jarom and I took a drive through the canyon and into Park City.  I wasn't quite sure where we were going, (I'm not 100% convinced that Jarom did either), but he insisted on going for a drive and that's where we ended up.  The leaves were amazing. I was glad we went, I was worried I wouldn't get the chance to see the leaves change before winter came.  I didn't get any pictures, wife fail....but hopefully one day when I get a nice smart phone, it'll have an amazing camera attached to it so I will always have it with me ;)  cough, cough.  Jarom and I drove up and down the Main Street looking at all the cute houses.  I love the quaint little houses up in Park City with the wood doors, and earth tone colors, some cabin style...if I wouldn't have to worry about the snow and commuting in it I would live there forever...maybe we'll retire in the woods one day ;)   We stopped at a few art galleries that were open on Main Street.  Jarom especially loves looking at the photography because so many of the photographs are taken in Zion National Park, and other famous nearby areas that Jarom can relate to since he grew up in Southern Utah.  This one photographer used all natural lighting, and his photographs were not edited.  They were amazing...some photos sold for up to $98,000 dollars!  Can you imagine...I about died.  After looking through some shops and stopping by Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for my all time favorite chocolate dipped pretzels and a toffee carmel apple, we headed over to the Outlet Mall for some shopping which is always my favorite...not so much Jaroms, but he was a good sport.  We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays...their white cheddar mashed potatoes were to die for, and Jar ordered a blackberry lemonade which was a first, but it was so delicous!  I love going out, we had a great time.  I think having no plan and just going, makes for some of the best nights, (which is huge coming from me, since I'm such a crazy planner all of the time). Somedays I really stop and think how crazy different Jarom and I are, but it works, and I love it!

I love that fall is here...Nothing screams fall more than the color of changing leaves, having the fireplace on, smell good stuff, and great harvest bread (expensive, but so worth it, just had to throw that in there)  :)  I'm pretty sure I have zero decorations for this time of year, and so, on my list of things to do today is to stop by JoAnn's for what will hopefully be a good find, and on sale of course.  My fingers are crossed.  We need some pumpkins for the front porch too!  I also recently discovered a new love of mine, the "Leaves" scented candle at Bath and Body Works.  It is seriously amazing...try it, you will love it and trust me, you'll thank me later....

No comments:

Post a Comment