Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vegas...!!

Just wanted to post a few pictures of Jar and I from our 1 year anniversary....we kept our cake, and were brave enough to give it a try. It actually tasted really good. I was impressed. It was kind of fun to see it again. I loved my wedding cake. It was perfect...
Jarom planned a sweet little getaway to Vegas for us, activites and all. I just love him a lot...I think he's pretty fabulous.



Jarom and I ate at The Hard Rock Cafe. Our waitress name was "BIG Deb". I can't believe I didn't get a picture with her (so insert one here), but she was a big, loud, tough looking woman. I'm pretty sure I would be afraid of her if she wouldn't have been so nice, and I'm pretty sure she could have kicked mine, and Jarom's butts for that matter. (Sorry hunny). Anyway, Big Deb made it a point to make sure everyone in the restaurant knew it was our 1 year anniversary and brought us out some candles and everything. It was totally fun. We even managed to get a picture with our friends KISS out front. Ignore our scary eyes in that picture...

A picture of "Jarom and Marisa in the house" - according to Big Deb :)



Jarom took me to V the Ultimate Variety show at Planet Hollywood. We loved it. Saw some crazy stuff...but I'm still stuck on the magician guy. He pulled like 7 birds out of nowhere in less than 2 minutes. 1 was a full grown parrot! I have no idea how or where he was hiding them. I even tried so close to watch his every move. I only lost sleep over it for 2 nights...it's fine. (Sorry again for the scary eyes. One of these days maybe we'll invest in a super nice camera) We also got some free tickets to an Australian version (not what your thinking) of whose line is it anyways comedy show.

We stayed at The Stratosphere. They overbooked our room so we were upgraded which was a nice surprise. We also got to go up in the tower for free, which was awesome. Neither of us had been up there before. It was definitely a different way to see Vegas at night.

This is pretty much how the gambling aspect of the trip went...I really wanted to gamble, because lets be honest who doesn't go to Vegas and slip in a few quarters at least once in their life. I've never done it before, and I just wanted to for fun, but Jarom being the good husband that he is wasn't having it. So then once he found out that I wasn't joking and that I really did want to gamble he felt bad and at least took a picture. (Please ignore the blue out of service screen)...pretty pathetic. I think so, but I'm happy I married me a good man. Thanks for ruining my dreams and sucking the fun out of my first gambling experience making me want to be a better woman, and for literally being my better half. Don't worry, I have since realized he's right and have gotten over it. ;)


I surprised Jar by taking him to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. We saw a lot of really cool stuff. I had my first encounter with Jelly Fish and an Octopus, we played with Sting Rays, and saw some sweet Sharks (naturally).



We ended our trip by going to the Las Vegas Temple. Neither of us had been there and it was a great way to celebrate and remember the covenants we made with each other and with our Heavenly Father over a year ago. I'm so grateful for the Temple and for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary!! Sounds like you married quite the man, I'm so glad you had a good time in Vegas and you look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete