Friday, December 10, 2010

15 days until Christmas!

Back again...with some updates! So much to blog about...

For Thanksgiving, I was able to get a few days off of work which allowed us to take a few days and spend Thanksgiving with Jarom's Family in Hurricane. We had a great time! It had been awhile since we had been down there together. Jarom's Mom opened up a Del Sol store down in St. George which was open all night on Thanksgiving and for the following day on Black Friday, which kept everyone very busy. We weren't able to spend as much time with his family as we had hoped for, but we had fun being down at the store and helping a little bit with the inventory. We also had the chance to go shooting with some friends and of course ate a lot of delicious food. I brought my favorite Pomgranite Fruit Salad (Thanks Amy Jo!) which seemed to be a big hit, so for your sole enjoyment I have posted it below:

1 Large Pomegranite
2 8oz. tubs of Cool Whip (thawed)
1 Large Rasberry Jello Mix (or two small packages)
Approx. 1/2 bag of Mini Marshmellows
1 Can of Pineapple Tidbits (I prefer my salad without the pineapple tidbits, however I do use the pinapple juice to mix with the Jello Mix and to give it more flavor)

With a whisk, mix the 1 Large Rasberry Jello Mix with Pineapple Juice drained from the pineapple tidbits. Allow the Jello Mix to dissolve. Then stir in the thawed Cool Whip, the 1/2 ish bag of Mini Marshmellows, the Pomegranite seeds, and if desired, the pineapple. And that's it! I like to let it sit in the fridge for 1/2 hour to an hour before serving. Enjoy :)

I have another fruit salad I am really wanting to try...so when I do, and if I approve, I'll post it. It sounds delicious...

I can't wait until Christmas! A few weeks ago my Mom and I went to Super Saturday, which happens to be one of my single most favorite things about Relief Society. We made ourselves a Christmas Countdown, and I threw together some modge podge and a few of my bridal pictures. The Relief Society sisters have all the hard work already done for you...which makes crafting possible for non-creative people such as myself. They even turned out alright. :)


Jarom bought me some Cinnamon Pine Cones, which also happen to be one of my favorite things about the Christmas Season.
.
In other exciting news, Christmas came early for me this year. I wish I would have taken a picture of our old, sad couch, so instead let me paint you a picture. It was old, and gross, with a green and pink floral print...don't get me wrong was greatly appreciated while we had it (thanks Mom), but it is now R.I.P. at the D.I. and has been replaced by this beauty. Merry Chirstmas to me!

I have had my eye on this couch for months. Jarom, being the great husband that he is, ran out and bought it for me. And, we finally used an IKEA gift card that I've had since my Bridal Shower way back when...(Thanks Terri, Jen, and Kaylee) to buy this coffee table that I love. My living room is now complete. I'm a happy wife. As opposed to being an angry wife, which does occasionally occur. (Sorry Jarom)
.
Side note: (I took this picture while Jarom was watching some clips of Mr. Bean. He was taking a much needed break from his crazy amounts of finals, research papers and projects. Have I ever mentioned how grateful I am that I'm done with school for a while? I am VERY grateful!) To my husband and others who are finishing up their fall semesters...I feel for you.

Also, Jarom and I finally got our Christmas tree up! After looking at the affordable, yet sad, atrifical trees, we decided a real tree was the only way to go. We found out that permits to cut down our own tree were sold out so, we purchased one. We have since vowed not to procrastinate next year. Jarom claims I was like a child in a toy store while picking out our tree. I thought each one was adorable. I wanted them all. Anyway, I couldn't not document "our first Christmas Tree" together...so, here it is.
Notice the presents under the tree...I am only 3, (maybe 4) presents shy of completing my Christmas shopping. Wahoo!

And to wrap it up...I had a terrifying experience at work last week. It had already been a pretty rough day. I was about ready to call it quits anyway, when yes, I got my first ever needle stick. And yes, it was with a contaminated needle. I held it together long enough to talk to my supervisor about our protocol and to draw the patients blood to test for any blood borne pathogens, and then I called Jarom. Sobbing. lol. Don'y worry, the test results all came back negative. Thankfully! (I was sure a nervous nelly). But I didn't even end up needing to be tested and it all worked out ok. I love my job, and I love being a nurse, but sometimes I do worry about the things I could or could not expose myself to. Not to mention my family or when the day comes that I have little ones at home that I could potentially bring sickness home to. It was one of those stinkin butterfly needles that I use all the time. I wasn't in a hurry or anything. It's kind of ironic actually I was trying to activate the safety decive when my finger slipped over the top. Some saftey device right...hopefully it never happens again!
.
Oh and one last thing! My Sister-in-laws are both expecting next month and I can't wait! A big thanks to Jarom's family for allowing me to be an Aunt and for having babies to curve the baby hunger I may or may not be experiencing ;) Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the couch!! And oh my gosh...I totally feel for you about the needlestick : ( I got my first one a few weeks ago, it was subQ, insulin but STILL!! I freaked!! That feeling is the worst... and working at Kolob I never know my patients full hx so I immediately ran to their chart to look haha.
    Hope you guys have a good FIRST "married" christmas together : ) Its the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute couch! Oh I'm jealous... :o) So excited for you!! :o)

    ReplyDelete